Chicken Pasta Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 400 g penne pasta
- 3 chicken breasts
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 9 tbsp olive oil + 2 tbsp
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and cook the chicken. Set aside to cool, then cut into strips.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water and a tablespoon olive oil until al dente.
- In a bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, 9 tablespoons of olive oil, honey and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and add immediately to the dressing. The hot pasta will soak the flavours better.
- Add the chicken, cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and basil and toss well.
made with olive oil