Tomato and Basil Couscous Salad
- 250 g (1½ cups) couscous
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dry basil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 350 ml (1½ cups) chicken stock
- 10 sundried tomatoes, packed in olive oil and roughly chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix couscous turmeric and dry basil in a bowl.
- Bring chicken stock to the boil and stir in the garlic powder. Pour over the couscous and cover the bowl with cling film. Leave soaking for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and gently stir in the sundried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Add olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
made with olive oil