Summer Crunchy Salad
For the salad
- 2 small cucumbers
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 10 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 slices of country bread, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Brush the bread dices with olive oil and place in a preheated oven at 200°C. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways then again in half then cut into 2 cm pieces.
- In a bowl, place the cucumber, peppers, onion, tomatoes and basil.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by mixing the lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper then pour over the salad and toss gently.
- Add the bread croutons and gently toss to combine.
made with olive oil