For the salad:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small loaf of country bread, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 cucumber, seeded and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp pitted black olives
- 20 basil leaves, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp white grape vinegar
- 125 ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp rock salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and add the bread, salt and cook for 10 minutes until the bread is golden brown.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the garlic, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Then add the extra virgin olive oil in a steady stream whisking constantly to create an emulsion.
- In a large serving bowl, put all the vegetables together and add the olives and bread.
- Pour the dressing over and toss gently.
- Allow the salad to absorb all the flavours for 15 minutes and serve.
made with olive oil